This section is currently being significantly updated, please check back soon.

Description


Status: Closed
Camp Leroy Shuman was established by the Boy Scouts of America Longhorn Council in the 1920s. The Boy Scouts built several structures on the city-owned property, including a mess hall and quartermaster’s shed. When the Boy Scouts stopped using the camp in 2009, the structures were left to deteriorate until they fell victim to arson and the city removed the debris.

Camp Leroy Shuman was established by the Boy Scouts of America Longhorn Council in the 1920s. The Boy Scouts built several structures on the city-owned property, including a mess hall and quartermaster’s shed. When the Boy Scouts stopped using the camp in 2009, the structures were left to deteriorate until they fell victim to arson and the city removed the debris.

- Photo is from 1920 when the Fort Worth Area Council opened Camp LeRoy Shuman, and the total camp fee is only $7.50 for 10 days

Related Perpetrators (0)


Currently there are 0 related perpetrators.

This number may increase as we process perpetrators whose information has not yet been completed. As of March 2024, we currently have over 15,000 perpetrators to process and tag to listings such as the one you're viewing now. More information coming soon.

Photos (2)